Oculus Connect 2 is only three weeks away, and today we’re excited to share the full event schedule of more than 30 technical talks and workshops from leading VR developers and engineers. You can check out the full list of keynotes, speakers, and sessions on the Oculus Connect website.
If you’re not attending Connect, you can tune in on the live stream from the Oculus website or Twitch.
CEO Brendan Iribe Keynote from Connect 2014
At this year’s Connect, we’ll kick off the morning keynote with the latest news from Oculus, including updates on the Rift, Touch, and Samsung Gear VR. Michael Abrash will follow with a whirlwind talk about how Oculus Research is laying the groundwork for the future of virtual reality. To close out the morning session, John Carmack will give his signature talk about the technical details, challenges, and future plans for mobile VR development.
In the afternoon talks, members of the Oculus team will share details about building games and experiences for Oculus Rift and Oculus Touch, optimizing apps for Oculus Mobile and Samsung Gear VR, lessons learned in VR filmmaking, UI/UX design for VR, building with the Oculus Audio SDK, and more.
‘The Future of Virtual Reality’ keynote panel from Connect 2014
We’ll feature 10 talks from experts in game development and film, such as ILM, Owlchemy Labs, Minority Media, and Pluto VR.
Epic and Unity will also lead workshops throughout the event, giving attendees hands-on support optimizing and improving the performance of their VR games and applications.
Here are a few of the great talks we have planned for Connect 2:
- Building ‘Toybox’ for Oculus Touch with Matt Alderman, Controller Software Tech Lead and Brandon Dillon, Social Content Lead, Oculus
- Maximizing Performance for Mobile with Chris Pruett, Developer Relations Engineer, Oculus
- Making Great VR: Lessons Learned from ‘I Expect You To Die’ with Jesse Schell, CEO of Schell Games
- The Early Days of VR Game Design: Lessons Learned with Jason Rubin, Head of Studios, Oculus
- Virtual Reality is a Medium: Creating Art with Oculus Touch with Lydia Choy, Technical Art Director and Brian Sharp, Engineering Manager, Oculus
- Designing Standing VR Experiences with Tracked Controllers with Alex Schwartz, CEO, Owlchemy Labs and Devin Reimer, CTO, Owlchemy Labs
- Shipping Your Content on the Oculus Store with Anna Sweet, Head of Developer Strategy, Jason Holtman, Head of Publishing, Oculus
- 3D Audio: Designing Sounds for VR with Tom Smurdon, Audio Content Lead, Oculus
- Shipping Hardware: The Evolution of the Rift with Caitlin Kalinowski, Head of Product Design, and Stephanie Lue, Head of Hardware Program Management, Oculus
- Live Coding Demonstration with John Carmack, CTO, Oculus
We look forward to seeing you there!
— The Oculus team