This month the finalists for the 6th International VR Awards were announced by AIXR with numerous games and experiences across the Meta Quest 2 library included in the list. We’re thrilled to see so much recognition given to the talented teams that work on building the immersive games and apps that are defining the next generation of entertainment.
<embed VR Awards art work>
Most of the content nominated across the various award categories is available on Quest and Rift headsets, but we’ll highlight some of the more notable consumer-available entries here. If you’d like to see the entire list, including Enterprise solutions, location-based entertainment experiences, and more, you can see the entire page of 2022 VR Award nominations right here.
For the VR Game of the Year category nearly every entry is available on Quest 2, with all other titles fully playable on Rift headsets. You can see the entire list here:
- After the Fall, by Vertigo Games
- Cities: VR, by Fast Travel Games AB
- Finger Gun, by Miru Studio
- Garden of the Sea, by Neat Corp
- I Expect You to Die 2: The Spy and The Liar, by Schell Games
- Lone Echo II, by Ready at Dawn / Meta
- Moss: Book II, by Polyarc Games
- Resident Evil 4, by Capcom / Armature Studios / Meta
- Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge – Last Call, from ILMxLAB
- The Tale of Onogoro, by AMATA K.K.
- Vail VR, by AEXLAB (PC VR)
- Wanderer, by Mighty Eyes
- Zenith: The Last City, by Ramen VR
VR Film of the Year nominees:
- The Choice, by Infinite Frame Media
- David Attenborough’s First Life, by Alchemy Immersive
- Diagnosia, by Fluffy Cactus
- Experience Yosemite, by CityLights
- Kingdom of Plants with David Attenborough, by Alchemy Immersive
- Lustration, by New Canvas
- Missing Pictures, by Atlas V, Arte France, BBC, Serendipity, PTS Taiwan, Wild Fang Films, GIIOI
- Namoo, by Baobab Studios
- Samsara, Virtual and Physical Media Integration Association of Taiwan
- Surviving 9/11, by TARGO
VR Experience of the Year nominees:
- Le Bal De Paris de Blanca Li, from Film Addict
- LifeboardVR, from YORD
- Lost Recipes, from Schell Games
- The MetaMovie Presents: Alien Rescue, from The MetaMovie
- MYRIAD—Where We Connect, from Interactive Media Foundation
- On the Morning You Wake (To the End of the World), from Meta, ARTE France, BFI; Archer’s Mark, Atlas V
- Out-of-this-World Experiences, Sensorium
- Post Malone's Twelve Carat Toothache: A VR Experience, Meta Platformins Inc.
- Virtuoso, from Really Interactive
- Wamdah | Journey to the Future, from Hakawati Studio
To see the winners announced live during the 2022 VR Awards, stay tuned to the official website and Twitter account for details on how to watch the show on December 1, 2022. You can book tickets to attend in-person here or register your interest to watch the show online here.
And in the meantime, check out all of the amazing VR content nominated across each category!