Oculus Research Redmond is looking for exceptional interns to help create the next generation of virtual and augmented reality. Our research focuses on true solutions to complex tracking problems, delivering novel technologies and algorithms fundamental to future VR and AR systems. You’ll have the unique opportunity to work with industry-leading researchers and engineers who are defining the future of VR.
Our research topics include (but are not limited to) the following areas:
- Computer vision and machine learning, with an emphasis on tracking eyes and/or faces
- Geometric modelling and non-linear optimization for tracking or compact representation of high-dimensional functions.
- Photometric reconstruction of eyes and faces using advanced capture and rendering techniques
- Statistical modelling of oculomotor systems and sensor fusion algorithms
- Eye movement prediction and perceptual control loops
In particular, we welcome candidates who strive for a deep understanding of complex systems, and a strong desire to push beyond state-of-the-art. We also welcome students with a passion for working in a strongly collaborative team that spans research across algorithms, hardware design and systems prototyping.
Our team at Oculus Research offers sixteen (16) weeks long internship with flexible starting dates.
Oculus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.