Oculus Research is looking for exceptional interns to help us create next generation interactions in virtual and augmented reality. Join a full-stack team that spans computer vision, machine learning, real-time state estimation, geometric and appearance modeling, physically-based modeling, sensor design and fusion, and human computer interaction.
We’re looking for students interested in the following areas:
- Optical tracking of objects, hands, bodies and their interactions through state estimation and machine learning
- Representations (e.g. appearance, geometry) of hands and bodies for fast simulation and tracking
- Physical simulation of soft contact, deformation models for grasp
- Sensor fusion (e.g. of pressure, RF, EXG, IMU) with optical tracking
- Design and fast evaluation of deep neural networks
- Interaction design for hands in virtual reality and augmented reality
Computer vision (e.g. tracking), computer graphics (e.g. appearance, geometry, physically-based modeling), robotics (state estimation) and machine learning (e.g. applied DNN design) backgrounds are particularly welcome!
Our internships are twelve (12) to twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
Oculus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.