TERMS OF SERVICE AND PRIVACY
POLICIES SPECIFIC TO OCULUS ACCOUNT USERS
BY ENTERING (OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN) THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A BINDING CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES (EXCLUDING SMALL CLAIMS MATTERS).
1. Eligibility. The Oculus Influencer Partner Survey Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals (not groups) who are at the date and time of entry: (i) legal residents and physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, the United Kingdom and Canada (excluding Quebec); and (ii) at least eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees, officers and directors of Facebook Technologies, LLC (“Sponsor”), its parent company, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers (collectively with Sponsor, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of such employees’, officers’ and directors’ immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, ‘immediate family members’ are defined as spouse, partner, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren and ‘those living in the same household’ shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether legally related or not. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules” and the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects.
2. Entry Period. The Sweepstakes begins on or about 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on Monday, August 19, 2019 and all entries (i.e., Survey responses) must be received by the Sponsor on or before 11:59 p.m. PT on Monday, September 23, 2019 (the “Entry Period”).
3. How to Enter. There is one (1) method of entry for this Sweepstakes. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must first click on the link contained in the Survey invitation contained in the advertising for this Sweepstakes posted by influencers. The link will take you to the official Survey website, available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5XGZ2Y8 (the “Website”). The Website will contain a description of the Sweepstakes and the Survey, which shall serve as the official Sweepstakes entry form. Each entrant will first be asked to fully complete and submit a Survey consisting of questions about your VR ownership and preferences. Individuals who complete and submit a Survey (along with other information request) during the Entry Period will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes drawing. Survey responses received after the conclusion of the Entry Period will not be included in the drawing.
Limit of one (1) entry per person for the entire Sweepstakes will be accepted (i.e., you can only complete the Survey one (1) time). Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may result in the entrant being disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the registered account holder of the email address associated with the entry for the domain associated with the submitted address provided that person is eligible. Winner may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder. Registered account holder is defined as the person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, an on-line entry is “received” when the Website’s servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Sweepstakes. The Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Sponsor may run multiple campaigns, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into one (1) campaign, contest or sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other.
4. Winner Selection and Prize Claiming. There will be one (1) winner selected in this Sweepstakes. The potential winner will be selected through a random drawing on or about September 24, 2019 from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Sweepstakes, and of selection of the winner. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of the winner will be final. The potential winner will be notified using the information provided during entry by email in a commercially reasonable time after the drawing. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of an email, placing of a phone call, one (1) day after sending via a delivery service or two (2) days after mailing. A potential prize winner who provides a P.O. Box may be required to provide an alternative address and this may cause a delay in notification and acceptance so use of a P.O. Box is discouraged. Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant who is a resident of Canada (or in other countries where sweepstakes are illegal but contests are legal) will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid, to be administered over the phone or in writing. Failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question will result in the potential winner forfeiting the prize and an alternate potential winner being randomly selected. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email messages.
The potential winner may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (collectively, the “Affidavit”) and return the Affidavit within the time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prize. If the potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by Sponsor or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate may be selected. Non-compliance shall result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate winner. Parents or legal guardians of any prize winner under the age of majority in his or her state/jurisdiction of residence (which in the U.S. is eighteen (18) in most states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi) may be required to also sign the Affidavit in order for the prize winner to be qualified to receive his or her prize. If the potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if a potential prize winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prizes. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners, or if potential winner is a minor, for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of a potential winner to provide signed parental or guardian consent.
5. Odds. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of entries received.
6. Prize and Value. The prize to be awarded to the winner in this Sweepstakes is a $100.00 Amazon.com gift card.
Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes. Except as required by law, Amazon.com Gift Cards (“GCs”) cannot be transferred for value or redeemed for cash. GCs may be used only for purchases of eligible goods at Amazon.com or certain of its affiliated websites. For complete terms and conditions, see www.amazon.com/gc-legal. GCs are issued by ACI Gift Cards, Inc., a Washington corporation. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. No expiration date or service fees.
Prize is non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change and prize provider’s rules and restrictions, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide a winner with his or her prizes, the Sponsor may elect to provide winner with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Prize winner will be solely responsible for all international, federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether they, in whole or in part, are used. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winner may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number (if residing in the U.S.) or other tax ID number before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. For U.S. residents, an IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of winner, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which s/he resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the prizes received. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. Prizes, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen prizes or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach a winner because of an incorrect or changed address. If a winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and the Sweepstakes Entities will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. No more than the stated prizes will be awarded. The total ARV of all of the prizes awarded for the Sweepstakes is $100.00 (US). The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and winner will not receive the difference, in any, between the actual value of the prizes at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related correspondence or material.
7. Publicity Release. Except where prohibited by law, the winner irrevocably grants to the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their licensees, and its and their successors, assigns and sub-licensees, the right and permission to use his/her name, voice, likeness and/or biographical material for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, without any obligation, notice or consideration, except for the awarding of the prize to the winner.
8. Tampering with Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Sweepstakes, as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, may result in immediate disqualification of the entrant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ALL LEGAL AND EQUITABLE REMEDIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify (or terminate the prize of) any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike, obscene, immoral or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
9. Suspension / Modification / Termination. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or prize. Sponsor additionally reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion: (a) to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes should causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes; or (b) to disqualify any entrant found to be, or suspected of: (i) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (ii) acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (iii) acting in an un-sportsmanlike manner.
10. Waivers, Disclaimers and Releases. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, liability, costs (including attorneys’ fees), losses, damages, fines or injuries (up to and including bodily injury and death) of any kind arising out of or related to: (i) entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes (including travel to/from any Sweepstakes activity); (ii) any acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, including those arising from any travel to/from any prize event or activity); (iii) the Released Parties’ violation of rights of publicity or privacy, claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; and (iv) any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Sweepstakes activity and/or prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrants agree that the Released Parties: (a) have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; (b) maintain no control over the personnel, equipment or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, manufacturer or other person or entity furnishing services, products or accommodations (“Suppliers”) as a part of the prizes provided in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (c) will not be responsible or liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to: (i) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the Suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (ii) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrumentality, service or product that is owned, operated, furnished or otherwise used by any of those Suppliers, (iii) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Released Parties, and (iv) by any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. Entrants agree and that the Released Parties shall have no responsibility or liability for discontinued prizes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by Sponsor; interruption or inability to access any Survey website or Sponsor or affiliated entities’ respective websites, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to participant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, viruses, bugs, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Released Parties. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Released Parties and hereby acknowledge that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a Supplier that may be sent along with a prize.
12. Governing Law / Limitation of Liability. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. Dispute Resolution. The parties each agree to finally settle all disputes only through arbitration; provided, however, the Sponsor shall be entitled to seek injunctive or equitable relief in the state and federal courts in San Mateo County, California and any other court with jurisdiction over the parties. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and review is limited. The arbitrator’s decision and award is final and binding, with limited exceptions, and judgment on the award may be entered in any court with jurisdiction. The parties agree that, except as set forth above, any claim, suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be resolved solely by binding arbitration before a sole arbitrator under the streamlined Arbitration Rules Procedures of JAMS Inc. (“JAMS”) or any successor to JAMS. In the event JAMS is unwilling or unable to set a hearing date within fourteen (14) days of the filing of a “Demand for Arbitration”, then either party can elect to have the arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) or any other mutually agreeable arbitration administration service. If an in-person hearing is required, then it will take place in San Mateo County, California unless the parties may mutually agree on an alternative location. The federal or state law that applies to these Official Rules will also apply during the arbitration. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be consolidated with any other proceedings that involve any claims or controversy of another party, including any class actions; provided, however, if for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then the agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the dispute must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in San Mateo County, California. Sponsor agrees to pay the administrative and arbitrator’s fees in order to conduct the arbitration (but specifically excluding any travel or other costs of entrant to attend the arbitration hearing). Either party may, notwithstanding this provision, bring qualifying claims in small claims court.
14. Name of Sweepstakes Winner. To receive the name of the winner, send an email to email@example.com or a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Oculus Influencer Partner Survey Sweepstakes Winners List”, Facebook Technologies, LLC, 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025 (Attn: Legal Marketing). All requests must be received by November 23, 2019.
16. Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Facebook Technologies, LLC, 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025.